ILL items are not owned by USC and due dates are determined by the lending library. When you submit an renewal request, we ask the lending library from which we borrowed the item for approval before renewing an ILL item. Please note that if your ILL item is already overdue, you cannot request a renewal.
Here are the instructions to request a renewal for your Interlibrary Loan items online:
- Sign-in to your IDD Account.
- On the Main Menu page, click on Checked Out Items under View at the left. A list of your current checked out items will display.
- Click on the Transaction Number link for the item you wish to renew.
- Click on Renew Request on the following page to submit your renewal request. This will send a message to the lending library to renew this item and add five days to the current due date.
- You will then be notified VIA E-MAIL if the renewal is approved or denied. If you do not receive an email within three days, please contact us.
If the Renew Request link is not displayed, then the lending library does not allow renewals for this item. Also, you can check the cover strap of your ILL item to see if the lending library allows renewals at all.
If you have any problems or questions, please contact us at email@example.com or (213) 740-4020.