1. Search PsycTESTS and Health and Psychosocial Instruments (HAPI) to find instruments. These database will link you to the original article that outlines the development, validity, and reliability of an instrument.
2. Search CINAHL Complete to find articles/studies ABOUT the use of research instruments on your topic.
3. Search PsycINFO to find articles/studies ABOUT the use of research instruments on your topic. See steps 1-3 above.
4. Search PubMed@USC and limit your results using the Article Types Validation Studies filter. See steps 1-3 above.
5. Conduct a search in any relevant database and locate research articles that are relevant to your topic. Read the methods section to see if an instrument was used in the study. See steps 1-3 above.
1. Look in research articles/studies that use the instrument. These articles should cite the original article about the development of the instrument. Find the citation in the reference list and then conduct a search for the article.
2. Search for the name of the instrument in PsycTESTS or Health and Psychosocial Instruments (HAPI). These databases link to the original article. Keep in mind that not all instruments are indexed in PsycTESTS and HAPI. See videos on searching PsycTESTS and HAPI below.