It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Publishers are continually changing their apps that allow reading of books, reading of articles, and searching databases. The library’s subscriptions sometimes include these apps. The apps on this page are commonly used; contact the library’s reference service if you have questions about obtaining access to a specific app not listed here.
1.Go to STAT!Ref.
2. Look for the word Profile above the search box and click this.
3. Register or login.
4. After logging in to your account, above the search box, look for the words Welcome (your account name). Click these words to open the personal menu and select "Anywhere login account."
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to activate or renew your temporary login.
6. Download the STAT!Ref app from your mobile device's app/play store. Enter the personal email and password created in step 3.
Note: every 90 days users of the STAT!Ref app will need to renew their account. To do so, follow the first five steps above.
Contains 50 ebooks such as:
AAFP Conditions A to Z
Essential Evidence Plus & AHFS DI® Essentials
Extended Stability for Parenteral Drugs
Stedman’s Medical Dictionary for Dental Professionals
Thieme E-Book Library through iPublish Central
1. Download iPublish Central app from App/Play store.
2. On mobile device, open browser and go to Thieme E-Book Library.
3. Choose an ebook and click Download link, then download icon.
4. Select "open in reader" option. The ebook will be loaded into your iPublish app.
Includes many ebooks, including:
Anatomic Basis of Neurologic Diagnosis
Color Atlas of Human Anatomy
Color Atlas of Immunology
Duus Topical Diagnosis in Neurology
Normal Findings in CT and MRI
Pocket Atlas of Radiographic Anatomy
Journal Articles: USC-Paid Apps
1. Download from your App/Play Store.
2. Open app, select "settings."
3. Under "choose library," search or browse for University of Southern California.
4. Enter your USC NetID and password when prompted.
Go to PubMed@USC on your mobile device to see a mobile-responsive version of PubMed including access to USC-licensed articles.
EBSCO Mobile App
1. Go to CINAHL Complete.
2. Click "Sign in" in the upper right hand corner and click "Don't have an account? Create one now."
3. Complete all fields with your information and create a My EBSCO username & password.
4. Download EBSCO Mobile from your mobile device's app/play store.
5. Sign in to the app with your EBSCO username and password.
Search the Web of Science database for citations, create reading lists of saved citations, and create saved searches. This app does not include the full text of articles or other publications inside the database.
1. Using a computer, go to USC's Web of Science subscription and look for the Sign In button. Click this and create a new Web of Science personal account, or, sign in with an existing account.
2. On your mobile device, download the MyRA app.
3. Open the app and sign in with the username/password you created in step 1.
4. To gain access, every 60 days, go to USC's Web of Science subscription and click the Sign In button. Sign in with your username and password.
*note: MyRA is also available for free to any person in the world. Free MyRA accounts have fewer search features, allow viewing of fewer results, and only allow saving of 3 searches.
eBook Reading Apps
These apps are free and can be used to read purchased ebooks from particular vendors. At this time Kindle, Nook and iBooks cannot be used to read the ebooks available through the USC Libraries.
Kindle by Amazon
Download from App/Play/Windows store. Purchase and download ebooks through the Kindle app or Amazon.
Read Kindle books, newspapers, magazines, textbooks and PDFs
Add highlights and bookmarks
Ability to sync reading progress and notes over multiple devices
Adjust margins, background colors, font sizes and page formats
Search book text
Nook by Barnes and Noble
Download from App/Play store. Purchase and download ebooks through the Nook app or Barnes and Noble.
Read print and illustrated books downloaded from the iBookstore
Adjust screen brightness, fonts, and background color
Highlight text, add notes and bookmarks
Search book text
Read, annotate and organize PDFs