You can request the following:
- Dissertations/Theses (hardcopy or digital)
- Audio-visual material
- Musical Scores
- Microforms (Microfilm/microfiche)
- Journal articles
- Book chapters
- Conference papers
- E-books (subject to availability)
Requesting Books from Norris Medical Library:
If you are a University Park Campus (UPC) student, staff, or faculty and need a book from the Norris Medical Library, sign-in to your IDD Account and fill out a loan request form. If the item available from Norris Medical Library, the item will sent to Leavey Library for pick-up and you will receive an e-mail when it is ready. If your request not available, it will be processed as a inter-library loan.
If you are a Health Sciences Campus (HSC), student, staff, or faculty, please see IDD and Health Sciences Campus.
Requesting Audio-Visual Materials:
- Audio-visual material such as DVD, CD, VHS, and other recordings are difficult to find. Please note that these types of requests may require more time to locate and borrow.
- IDD may cancel requests for audio-visual materials at any time when abuse of the service is suspected. This includes excessive requesting of popular films and television programs on DVD, audio books, and music CDs.
- IDD staff may request documentation from an instructor to confirm materials requested support research and/or coursework.Requesting Microfilm/Microfiche:
Onsite Microfilm Scanner
- To use a digital microform scanner, please e-mail us at email@example.com to schedule an appointment to use our equipment.
- Appointments can be scheduled for up to 4 hours during regular business hours. We are located in the Leavey Library Administration Suite 114 on the 1st floor.
- There is no charge to digitize from our microform scanner.
- We recommend you bring a flash drive or other storage device to save your scans.
- Doheny Library also has a microform scanner for use which can be reserved at the circulation desk.
- We can also digitize a microform on demand (subject to copyright guidelines).