You can request the following:
- Books (see note below)
- Dissertations/Theses (hardcopy or digital)
- Audio-visual material
- Musical Scores
- Microforms (Microfilm/microfiche)
- Journal articles
- Book chapters
- Conference papers
- E-books (subject to availability)
Requesting Books from Norris Medical Library:
If you are a University Park Campus (UPC) student, staff, or faculty and need a book from the Norris Medical Library, sign-in to your IDD Account and fill out a loan request form. If the item available from Norris Medical Library, the item will sent to Leavey Library for pick-up and you will receive an e-mail when it is ready. If your request not available, it will be processed as a inter-library loan.
If you are a Health Sciences Campus (HSC), student, staff, or faculty, please see IDD and Health Sciences Campus.
Requesting Audio-Visual Materials:
- Audio-visual material such as DVD, CD, VHS, and other recordings are difficult to find. Please note that these types of requests may require more time to locate and borrow.
- IDD may cancel requests for audio-visual materials at any time when abuse of the service is suspected. This includes excessive requesting of popular films and television programs on DVD, audio books, and music CDs.
- IDD staff may request documentation from an instructor to confirm materials requested support research and/or coursework.
- We are currently unable to borrow physical materials from international libraries or institutions due to high loss rate and long wait times for delivery.
- Limited exceptions can be made on a case by case basis.
- Please note that this does not affect obtaining scans or paper copies from international libraries.
Onsite Microfilm Scanner
- To use a digital microform scanner, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment to use our equipment.
- Appointments can be scheduled for up to 4 hours during regular business hours 9 AM - 5 PM.
- The scanning station is located in the Leavey Library Administration Suite 114 on the 1st floor.
- There is no charge to digitize from the microform scanner.
- We recommend you bring a flash drive or other storage device to save your scans.
- We can also request that IDD digitize a microform for your, however please that the amount to be scanned is subject to copyright guidelines.