It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
A major part of Academic Integrity is ensuring that the work you do is free from cheating, unauthorized collaborations, and other forms of academic dishonesty. The following tutorial will help you understand how to avoid academic dishonesty.
With a good plan, you can avoid accidentally plagiarizing on an assignment:
Make sure you do the following:
1) Read and understand the assignment - If you don't understand something, ask your instructor to clarify
2) Select a topic/brainstorm - Find a topic that is of interest to you and brainstorm ideas or words around that topic
3) Plan a research strategy/do background research - Ask yourself questions about your topic and find key terms, dates, names to help you find basic information on your topic
4) Organize your note-taking structure - Determine how you will take your notes while researching. Will you write your notes on index cards? Will you type your notes on your computer? Stick to one system of note-taking and stay organized.
5) Gather research and take notes - As you do research, be sure to document everything so that you know where you've gotten your information from.