Described below are links to databases that support the study of political philosophy and theoretical constructs. There is no database devoted solely to providing access to studies of political thought and philosophy so you will need to search resources in both disciplines to gain a thorough understanding of the topic being investigated.
Sources in Philosophy
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy -- a comprehensive open access encyclopedia of philosophical terms and concepts from all areas of the discipline, including profiles on individual philosophers. Entries are extensive but written clearly by experts in each particular topic; subject experts edited and review each entry to validate its scholarly content. Each entry includes a comprehensive list of references to additional sources on the topic.
- Philosopher's Index -- a comprehensive database covering worldwide research in all areas of philosophy. The database features documents from philosophy and interdisciplinary publications, with source publications from more than 135 countries, and has records from 1940 to present, with additional records dating back to 1902. This is a good place to begin your search for scholarly literature in the field of political philosophy.
- PhilPapers: Philosophical Research Online -- a comprehensive index and bibliography of philosophy maintained by the community of philosophers. Sources include journal articles, books, open access materials, and personal pages maintained by philosophers. The database aims to be comprehensive for philosophical publications back to the 15th century.
Sources in Political Science
- ProQuest Political Science -- this database gives users access to hundreds of leading political science and international relations journals from Worldwide Political Science Abstracts. However, also included is more than a thousand recent full-text doctoral dissertations, together with working papers, conference proceedings, country profiles, political news and other sources.
- Worldwide Political Science Abstracts -- provides indexing of the international journal literature in political science and its complementary fields, including international relations, law, and public administration and policy. Over 1,700 titles are monitored for coverage and, of these, 67% are published outside of the United States.
Descriptions of resources are adapted or quoted from vendor websites.