- Polling the Nations -- a database of public opinion polls taken on a variety of subjects. Although the database contains polls from all over the world, the majority were conducted in the United States.
- Terror Free Tomorrow -- a non-partisan, not-for-profit advocacy organization that researches attitudes toward extremism worldwide.
- World Public Opinion -- an international collaborative project whose aim is to give voice to public opinion around the world on international issues.
- World Values Survey -- a public opinion started in 1981 that consists of nationally representative surveys conducted in almost 100 countries using a common questionnaire that investigates such topics as economic development, democratization, religion, gender equality, social capital, and subjective well-being.
- Afrobarometer: African Public Opinion -- an independent, nonpartisan research project that measures the social, political, and economic atmosphere in Africa. Afrobarometer surveys are conducted in more that a dozen African countries and are repeated on a regular cycle.
- Asiabarometer -- large, comparative public opinion survey covering East, Southeast, South and Central Asia. Note that, to access data from this site, click on “Publications” and select a year. This will retrieve a list of publications, including articles, that analyze the data. Access to the datasets requires submitting contact information and having the data sent to you through email. Countries surveyed vary from year-year and data is in English and Japanese.
- Australian Survey of Social Attitudes -- a biennial survey which began in 2003 with data on subjects like work and education, government spending and taxes, families, crime, and Australia's place in the world.
- East Asia Institute -- an independent research center in Korea that includes among its research initiatives the gathering and dissemination of Korean public opinion data on a variety of topics.
- Mansfield Asian Opinion Poll Database -- a reference for researchers and others to help monitor key public opinion trends in Northeast Asia. The organization translates opinion polls on key policy-related issues from major media organizations and other agencies in Japan and South Korea.
- Eurobarometer Surveys -- this is the website for the Public Opinion Analysis sector of the European Commission providing access to surveys and studies address major topics concerning European citizenship such as enlargement, social situation, health, culture, information technology, environment, the Euro, defence, etc.
- European Social Survey -- cross-national survey that has been conducted every two years across Europe since 2001 measuring the attitudes, beliefs and behavior patterns of diverse populations in more than thirty nations.
- FOM Public Opinion Survey -- a comprehensive Russian language site containing assembled by an extensive network of the agency's regional branches and partner organizations located in almost all areas of Russia.
- New Baltic Barometer -- public opinion survey launched in 1993 to reflect opinions in three multi-ethnic societies, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
- Post-Communist Countries Barometer -- provides public opinion polls for Russia, Eastern Europe, South-Eastern Europe and Baltic Countries from 1991 to the present on topics, such as, support for democracy and undemocratic alternatives; corruption; attitudes to enlarging Europe; coping with a multiplicity of economies; relative affluence and poverty; and demographics.
- Transatlantic Trends -- a comprehensive annual survey of American and European public opinion, including the United States, Turkey, Russia, and 12 European Union member states: Bulgaria, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.
- UK Data Archive -- a service that provides access to over 5,000 computer-readable datasets fcovering an extensive range of key economic and social data, both quantitative and qualitative, spanning many disciplines and themes. Includes numerous social attitude datasets.
- LAPOP: Latin American Public Opinion Project -- hosted by Vanderbilt University, this site provides access to selected datasets of surveys analyzing public perceptions of the role of government, political tolerance, citizen participation, and corruption among other issues.
- Latin American Databank -- the Latin American Databank at the Roper Center for Public Opinion Research locates, acquires, processes and archives public opinion surveys conducted by the survey research community in Latin America.
- Latinobarometer -- an annual public opinion survey that involves some 19,000 interviews in eighteen Latin American countries.
- Arab Barometer -- established in 2005, this site contains reports and data on public opinion regarding domestic and international issues in various Middle Eastern countries.
- Arab Public Opinion Surveys -- a collection of public opinion surveys conducted since 2003 in Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) and the United Arab Emirates.
- B. I. and Lucille Cohen Institute -- a research center at Tel Aviv University that conducts independent public opinion surveys and studies on issues of public interest to Israeli society with the goal of creating databases that trace long-term trends in Israeli public opinion.
- Birzeit Center for Development Studies -- archive of opinion polls taken between 1999 and 2007 on topics such as living conditions, elections, and peace efforts between Israel and Palestine.
- Truman Institute Joint Polls -- tracks both Israeli and Palestinian public opinion since the beginning of the current Intifada, focusing on public attitudes in Israel and Palestine on the conflict, their perceptions of majority support in their own society and in their foe, and their expectations of future developments.
UNITED STATES AND CANADA
- American National Election Studies -- ANES conducts national surveys of the American electorate in election eyars and, as a result, produces data on voting, public opinion, and political participation.
- ARDA: American Religion Data Archive -- a collection of more than 500 surveys, polls, and other data files on American religion with some international coverage.
- Canadian Opinion Research Archive -- contains readily-accessible results from surveys, tracking Canadian opinion over time on frequently asked survey questions, as well as tabluar results from recent Canadian surveys, and more general information on polling.
- Harris Vault -- site allows you to search public opiniondata spanning a wide array of social issues dating back to The Harris Poll's inception in 1963.
- ICPSR -- archive of social science data covering a range of subject areas including population, economics, education, health, social and political behavior, crime, aging, and substance abuse. Note that USC users will need to create an account from on-campus to download data.
- Kaiser Family Foundation Polls -- the Foundation runs the largest public opinion research program in health and undertakes original research on the public’s attitudes towards health and social policy issues.
- LEXIS/NEXIS Academic -- database provides full-text of hundreds of national and international newspapers which can be searched for local, regional, or national polling data.
- Marist Institute for Public Opinion -- a survey research center founded in 1978 that conducts the Marist Poll that regularly measures public opinion at the local, state, and national level.
- NPR/Kaiser/Kennedy School Polls -- provides access to a variety of survey data produced by National Public Radio, the Kaiser Family Foundation, and Harvard's Kennedy School of Government.
- Pew Hispanic Center -- a nonpartisan research organization that seeks to improve understanding of the U.S. Hispanic population and to chronicle Latinos' growing impact on the nation. Site includes datasets from each of its surveys.
- Pew Research Center -- an independent, non-partisan public opinion research organization that studies attitudes toward politics, the press and public policy issues. The site contains links to the Center's survey data.
- Public Agenda -- a nonpartisan and nonprofit organization that conducts opinion research on a variety of public policy issues.
- Rasmussen Reports -- an organization that specializes in the collection, publication, and distribution of public opinion polling information. It also maintains an active news organization, staffed with an editorial team that generates a daily cycle of reports based on the organization’s original survey results.
- Roper Center iPoll -- data from surveys of public opinion held by the Roper Center ranging from the 1930s, when survey research was in its infancy, to the present. Most of the data are from the United States, but over fifty nations are represented.
- The Field Poll -- an independent, non-partisan, media-sponsored public opinion news service established in 1947 that covers a wide range of political and social topics examining California public opinion. Surveys are made at frequent intervals throughout the year. The Poll currently issues forty to fifty reports per year. Each report consists of 3-10 pages of text and statistical data, and includes a background section providing details about the interviewing method, sample size, question wording and other technical data.
- Public Policy Institute of California Statewide Surveys -- delivers objective, advocacy-free information on the perceptions, opinions, and public policy preferences of California residents aimed at policymakers, the media, and other engaged Californians. Inaugurated in 1998, the PPIC Statewide Survey examines social, economic, and political attitudes and tracks policy preferences of likely voters and all Californians as well as attitudes toward education, government, and an array of environmental issues.
- USC Dornsife/Los Angeles Times Poll -- a project that provides a series of statewide public opinion polls in California, designed to survey voter attitudes on a wide range of political, policy, social and cultural issues.Conducted at regular intervals throughout the year, the USC Dornsife/Los Angeles Times Poll is one of the largest polls of registered voters in the state, helping to inform the public and to encourage discourse on key political and policy issues. This site serves as a repository for surveys, data sets, polling results, videos, press releases and links to related news media articles.
Descriptions of resources are adapted or quoted from vendor websites.