Below are links to databases and electronic resources that support the study of political science and its related sub-disciplines. For a more comprehensive list, go here. Descriptions of resources are adapted or quoted from vendor websites.
- CQ Electronic Library -- provides full text access to the CQ Weekly, known as the pre-eminent resource for Congress-watchers who need nonpartisan information on Capitol Hill, and the CQ Researcher, which provides analysis of current public policy topics.
- CQ Researcher -- in-depth, unbiased coverage of health, social trends, criminal justice, international affairs, education, the environment, technology, and the economy. Reports are published weekly 44 times a year.
- CQ Weekly Online -- includes an archive dating back to 1983 of the CQ Weekly magazine, which provides congressional news and analysis, bill tracking, member profiles, committee coverage, government documents and transcripts.
- LEXIS/NEXIS State Capital -- provides comprehensive access to state bills and laws, constitutions, proposed and enacted, regulations, newspapers of record articles about legislative issues affecting the states.
- PolicyFile -- provides full-text access to U.S. foreign and domestic policy papers and gray literature published by a wide variety of think tanks, research institutes, and agencies. PolicyFile is updated weekly with abstracts and links to the latest reports, papers, and documents.
- ProQuest Congressional -- indexes and abstracts a broad spectrum of Congressional publications, including hearings (testimony), committee prints, reports, documents, and full text of bills and public laws.
- ProQuest Political Science -- this database gives users access to hundreds of leading political science and international relations journals from Worldwide Political Science Abstracts. However, also included is more than a thousand recent full-text doctoral dissertations, together with working papers, conference proceedings, country profiles, political news and other sources.
- Public Affairs Information Services [PAIS] -- indexes selective subjects and bibliographic access to periodicals, books, hearings, reports, gray literature, government publications, Internet resources, and other publications from 120 countries. Includes historical coverage from 1915 to the present.
- Public Administration Abstracts -- provides information on public administration-related publications worldwide covering such areas as administration and economy, administration and politics, administration and society, administrative structures and organization, public and social services, public service personnel, and theory and method.
- Worldwide Political Science Abstracts -- provides indexing of the international journal literature in political science and its complementary fields, including international relations, law, and public administration and policy. Over 1,700 titles are monitored for coverage and, of these, 67% are published outside of the United States.
Descriptions of resources are adapted or quoted from vendor websites.