Important note: Remote access to USC Libraries' electronic databases, electronic journals, electronic books, and other research websites is for the exclusive use of all current USC students, faculty—including visiting and part-time—and staff.
In the past, the USC Alumni Association paid for access to ProQuest Research Library, Project MUSE and JSTOR, with a membership to the alumni association. Currently, there is no access to these databases once you graduate. For open access options, please view the resources below.
For alumni who are residents of Los Angeles, the Los Angeles Public Library has access to the database ProQuest, among others: https://www.lapl.org/collections-resources/research-and-homework#P
- Facility access for all USC Libraries locations.
- Borrowing of standard circulating material, up to 40 items at a time (with alumni card).
- Use of library information kiosk computers to connect to subscription and other resources.
- Access can be requested at any Reference or Circulation desk (computer labs, including those in Leavey, not included).
- Use of library scanners and photocopiers.
- Paging of materials from Grand Library.
- Recalling materials checked out by other users.
- In-person reference assistance.
- Reading room access for rare books and archival materials.
- Access to RefWorks account (this is for already activated accounts; new USC RefWorks accounts cannot be created after graduation)