- PolicyMap -- an easy-to-use online GIS data and mapping application that provides access to more than 15,000 indicators related to housing, crime, mortgages, health, jobs, demographics and education. Data are available for all common geographies [address, block group, census tract, zip code, county, city, state, MSA] as well as unique geographical areas like school districts and political boundaries. The report generator provides a comprehesive statistical profile of a city.
- Social Explorer -- allows users to visually display demographic data in the U.S. from 1790 through the present at a variety of geographic levels, create reports, maps and animations that can be downloaded. The interface allows users to create customized maps and reports to better illustrate, analyze, and understand demography and social change within a community.
- dataLA -- the Los Angeles City open statistical data portal that contains hundreds of datasets in the areas of city budget, city services, environment, the economy, events and culture, parks and libraries, and transportation.
- Los Angeles County Data Portal -- the place to search for GIS data created, maintained, licensed, and stored by the County of Los Angeles. The County makes a variety of datasets available for use and/or to download.
- Neighborhood Data for Social Change - a project of the USC Price Center for Social Innovation, NDSC is a free, publicly available online resource for civic actors to learn about their neighborhoods by illuminating key trends, challenges, and opportunities facing Los Angeles County neighborhoods.
Additional statistical resources are located here: Statistics and Data Research Guide
Additional spatial and GIS data are located here: Spatial Sciences and GIS