The Libraries and the Writing Program have a long history of working together to help students develop and implement skills and behaviors related to information literacy. The following learning outcomes were developed together by librarians and Writing 150 administrators. They are introduced in WRIT150 and can be built upon and reinforced in WRIT340, through any of the methods described in other parts of this page.
- Develop a strategic search plan
- Demonstrate an understanding of citation style in order to track a scholarly conversation
- Identify the purpose, audience, and context of various information sources
Attend our Research Clinics where librarians will work with you to find sources and track scholarly conversation for your paper
1) Watch and work through this tutorial before signing up for a Research Clinic.
2) AFTER you completed the tutorial, sign up to attend an in-person or online Research Clinic, led by USC Librarians: bit.ly/150clinics
3) DURING AND AFTER the Research Clinic, make sure to complete the Research Log.
You will receive a certificate of completion once you completed your research log.
Still have questions?
Locate & contact the Subject Librarian for your topic or use our chat and email service Ask-a-Librarian.