On behalf of the USC Libraries and IDD team, we would like to thank all students, staff, and faculty for their support and understanding during these recent months. We are definitely keeping busy with all of the requests that you have been submitting! Also, we would like to thank you for your patience with any request delivery delays as we are doing our best to process requests as quickly as possible with the limited staff that we have onsite.
IDD services have temporarily changed since USC enacted precautions against the spread of COVID-19. Please note that the current situation remains fluid and is subject to change. Check this page as well as the Current USC Libraries' COVID-19 page for continual updates.
ILL Book Returns
- Interlibrary loan books can be returned in one of the library drop-off boxes on campus. There are two located in McCarthy Quad between Doheny Memorial Library and Leavey Library and one behind Leavey Library. This is an exception to our current rule that ILLs must only be dropped off at the Leavey circulation desk.
- If coming to campus, please be sure to view Trojan Community Guidelines for news about Campus Access.
- If you need to return your ILL books and are unable to travel to campus, please email us at email@example.com with the title(s) and transaction number(s) (TN). We can supply a UPS return label that must be printed out and attached to your return. Please review our Home Delivery policies for details.
- Please note that we can only issue a UPS return label. We are unable to supply US Mail postage or provide refunds if you have already paid to return items.
- You may also request a renewal if you need your ILL items longer, however these are subject to approval of the owning library if the item was borrowed from another institution. For details, please see ILL Renewal.
- All USC faculty, staff, and students can request to have physical materials mailed to their home addresses.
- Please submit your request through the Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery website.
- Items are shipped UPS Ground. Be sure that your current address is up to date on your ILL account. In the Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery website, check the My Account section to view or change your mailing address.
- Please note that we can only deliver to U.S. street addresses at this time. We are unable to ship to P.O. boxes.
- For more information, please see Home Delivery for policies and procedures.
- Campus Delivery to faculty offices is temporarily suspended.
Scan and Deliver
- Book chapter and article requests will continue to be filled from USC print resources if available as some libraries will be closed and collections inaccessible.
- Book chapter and article requests from materials not owned by USC or unavailable will be processed, however please note that most libraries nationwide are only supplying from electronic resources at this time.
ILL Physical Borrowing Suspended
- Requests for physical items not owned by USC or unavailable from our collection will be canceled as most libraries nationwide are suspending inter-library book lending.
- IDD will pursue an e-book option for access if available.
We appreciate your patience as we have limited staffing but as always we will do our best to support your learning and research needs.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require further assistance.