Throughout the 2020-2021 academic year, the USC Libraries’ Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery (IDD) services adapted quickly to keep our community connected to library resources through home delivery, expanded digitization capacity, and other means.
For fall 2021, we are reinstituting support for on-campus teaching, learning, and research as we resume campus operations. As a result, several updates to IDD services will take effect as we approach the beginning of the fall semester.
As of August 2nd, 2021:
- On-campus check-out of print and other physical materials will resume at all open library locations with circulating collections.
- Home delivery of USC Libraries’ print collections will continue only for students enrolled in online programs and faculty who teach in those programs.
- Home delivery of USC-owned materials and interlibrary loan items for all other library users will conclude on August 2nd, 2021.
- Students and faculty on campus or within Los Angeles County will not be eligible for home delivery unless fully enrolled or teaching in an online program.
- All USC students, faculty, and staff will continue to have access to Scan & Deliver services for eligible book chapters, articles, and other materials.
- Interlibrary Loan of physical materials will continue, pending status of partner lending institutions and accessibility of their collections.
- Requests for physical materials borrowed via interlibrary loan received after August 2nd will circulate from Leavey Library for those not eligible for Home Delivery services.
Up-to-date information on overall library collections, programs, and services is available at https://libraries.usc.edu/.