IDD Services Update - Summer, 2021
On behalf of the USC Libraries and IDD team, we would like to thank all students, staff, and faculty for their support and understanding during these recent months. We are definitely keeping busy with all of the requests that you have been submitting! Also, we would like to thank you for your patience with any request delivery delays as we are doing our best to process requests as quickly as possible with the limited staff that we have onsite.
IDD services including Scan & Deliver and Home Delivery have resumed with onsite scanning and partner institutions fulfilling requests for book chapters, articles, and conference proceedings. Please keep in mind that there are still a few of our interlibrary loan partners have yet to reopen fully, but we will do our best to fulfill requests.
If you submit a request for a physical item that cannot be fulfilled with an e-book, we will process your request via Home Delivery if available from USC's collection. Please note that both UPS and the US Postal Service is experiencing unprecedented volumes and limited employee availability due to the impact of COVID-19. We appreciate your patience!
Check this page as well as the Current USC Libraries' COVID-19 page for continual updates.
- All USC faculty, staff, and students can request physical materials mailed to their home addresses.
- Please note that all current USC users are eligible for Home Delivery services, however as operations return to normal and the campus opens up to regular activity, this will change and eligibility will revert to those currently enrolled in a distance-based program.
- Please submit your request through the Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery website.
- Items are shipped UPS Ground. Be sure that your current address is up to date on your ILL account. In the Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery website, check the My Account section to view or change your mailing address.
- Please note that we can only deliver to U.S. street addresses at this time. We are unable to ship to P.O. boxes.
- For more information, please see Home Delivery for policies and procedures.
- Campus Delivery to faculty offices is temporarily suspended.
ILL Physical Borrowing
- IDD has restarted physical borrowing from other libraries for physical items not available or owned by USC Libraries. Please note that not all libraries across the country are lending physical items, however we will do our best to obtain the item needed.
- At this time, borrowed physical items will be delivered as any Home Delivery request. So please be sure your home address is updated in your IDD account.
- Please note that borrowed physical items will have shorter circulation periods than normal USC items. Most items are renewable, however.
- In order to facilitate expedited delivery, IDD will still pursue an e-book option for access if available.
ILL Book Returns
- Interlibrary loan books can be returned in one of the library drop-off boxes on campus. There are two located in McCarthy Quad between Doheny Memorial Library and Leavey Library and one behind Leavey Library. This is an exception to our current rule that ILLs must only be dropped off at the Leavey circulation desk. There is also a convenient drop-box located in front of the USC Hotel on Figueroa Street.
- If coming to campus, please be sure to view Trojan Community Guidelines for news about Campus Access.
- If you need to return your ILL books and are unable to come onto campus, we do have a dropbox at the USC Hotel on Figueroa. You can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the title(s) and transaction number(s) (TN). We can supply a UPS return label that must be printed out and attached to your return. Please review our Home Delivery policies for details.
- Please note that for return shipping, we can only issue a UPS return label. We are unable to supply US Mail postage or provide refunds if you have already paid to return items.
- You may also request a renewal if you need your ILL items longer, however these are subject to approval of the owning library if the item was borrowed from another institution. For details, please see ILL Renewal.
Scan & Deliver
- Book chapter and article requests will continue to be filled from USC print resources if available as some libraries will be closed and collections inaccessible.
- Book chapter and article requests from materials not owned by USC or unavailable will be processed, however please note that most libraries nationwide are only supplying from electronic resources at this time.
We appreciate your patience as we have limited staffing but as always we will do our best to support your learning and research needs.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you require further assistance.