Use only the important words rather than a full sentence or question.
- Not ideal: what is best intervention for adolescents with an eating disorder
- Better: intervention adolescent eating disorder
- All the words you include in your search will be used to find matching content.
- Too many words will limit your results.
- Find synonyms of your keywords and try different searches.
- intervention - prevention, treatment, assessment
- adolescent- teenager, teen, young adult
Use quotes to search for an exact word or set of words in a specific order.
- Example: "psychosocial theory" or "dialectical behavioral therapy"
- Tip: Only use this if you're looking for a very precise word or phrase, because otherwise you could be excluding helpful results.
Google adds the word AND between each search term.
- You type in: eating disorder intervention --> Google looks for: eating AND disorder AND intervention
- Exception: when using quotation marks in exact phrase searching
Searches are not case sensitive.
- Search terms can be inputted in lower or upper case - therapy, Therapy, THERAPY.
- Exception: Boolean operator OR
- Typing in teenage OR adolescent pregnancy will bring up items that use the teenage or adolescent to describe the population.
- Here's an example (video): http://bit.ly/MKPrYc