Listed below are selected resources where you can find statistics and data about Los Angeles and the Southern California region.
- ControlPanel LA -- provides information about the City of Los Angeles' expenditures, audits and reports, revenues, payroll, purchasing, special funds, and other administrative data. Includes helpful tutorials on how to use and manipulate the data.
- Crime and Arrest Statistical Summary -- provides access to the annual crime and arrest data published by the entire Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department , the patrol stations, the contract cities, and unincorporated areas served. Reports are available from 1996 to the present. Other data is also available from the site.
- dataLA -- the Los Angeles City open statistical data portal that contains hundreds of datasets in the areas of city budget, city services, environment, the economy, events and culture, parks and libraries, and transportation.
- GeoHub -- this is Los Angeles’s new public platform for exploring, visualizing, and downloading location-based open source data. The site allows you to analyze and combine open data layers using maps, as well as develop new web and mobile applications.
- LAPD Crime Mapping -- this site provides up-to-date crime statistics for neighborhoods throughout the City of Los Angeles. Data is available on the following Part I crimes: aggravated assault, auto theft, burglary, burglary/theft from auto, personal/other theft, rape, and robbery. A future update of the site will allow divisional boundaries of the 21 geographical divisions as an additional layer to view crime in a selected area.
- Los Angeles Almanac -- a site with advertisements that provides links to city and county resources on a wide variety of topics, such as, buildings and structures, crime and justice, economy and business, education, elections and politics, employment and income, immigration and migration, parks and public lands, population, religion, social welfare sports and recreation, transportation, and more.
- Los Angeles County Data Portal -- the place to search for GIS data created, maintained, licensed, and stored by the County of Los Angeles. The County makes a variety of datasets available for use and/or to download.
- Los Angeles County Department of Health Services-Public Health -- this site includes statistics, data, and health reports produced by the department as well as the Data Query System that offers public health information and statistics on demand, the LA Health Survey of data on the health of Angelenos conducted by the Health Assessment Unit, and the interactive, online mapping application, Health Viewer.
Descriptions of resources are adapted or quoted from vendor websites.