USC Libraries and Hours
Printing in the USC Libraries
Remote & Wireless Access
If you are using a wireless device to connect to the Libraries' online resources, OR if you are off campus, you MUST login either:
This will validate that, as a USC person, you have the right to access our resources. The links from the Libraries' web site include a link to the proxy server, so if have not logged in through MyUSC, you may be prompted for your USC e-mail username & password.
Welcome to the USC Libraries
As you begin your academic career at USC, we in the USC Libraries want to let you know we are here to help you do your best!
We have printed books, journals, magazines, newspapers, and DVDs in the libraries at USC. We also have thousands of online journals and e-books that you can access from the Web.
The rest of the boxes on this guide will point you to some library resources in more detail -- these are resources your Summer Bridge professors think will be especially useful to you.
You will get a chance to meet several librarians several different times in your Bridge experience:
- The Orientation
- Your EDPT 110 Class
- Your Writing 120 Class (focus is on "Resources for Your Research at the USC Libraries")
Our goal in the library sessions will be to help you to:
- Contact librarians for research assistance, including using Research Guides like this one
- Understand the library resources exist in both electronic/online and print formats
- Be able to search several article and newspaper databases for information to support your research papers and your studies
- Evaluate the Libraries' and other information resources to see if they are appropriate and valid for your USC schoolwork
- Be able to sort out popular vs. scholarly resources in the databases, in print, and on the Internet
Again, welcome, and Fight On!
~ Ben Lea & Sara Tompson
Last update: June 2012
Preview of Coming Attractions
We're in the process of revamping the USC Libraries' website -- this is what it should look like when classes begin in the fall!
How can I help you?