Note: Be sure that you have turned off the pop-up blocker in your web browser before starting.
To set up Google Scholar to import citations to RefWorks:
- On the Google Scholar page, there is an icon in the Menu at the top of thepage that you click to access Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Preferences page to where the Bibliography Manager settings are located. Change the default settings to show links to import citations into RefWorks (see the image below):
- Be sure to click on the Save Preferences button.
- After you have set your preferences, you will see from the search results page a new link
(indicated in the image below):
- Click the link to import the citation to RefWorks.
If RefWorks isn’t open, a window will open and prompt for login.
- once you login to RefWorks, you should see the "Import from..." window
- you may edit the global field settings if you wish (not usually required)
- click on "View Last Imported Folder" to see your imported citations