These databases can be used to find research about Alvin Aily American Dance Theater or the study of dance and movement in general. Descriptions of resources are adapted or quoted from vendor websites.
- Academic OneFile -- provides access to peer-reviewed, full-text articles from leading journals and reference sources in the physical sciences, technology, medicine, social sciences, the arts, theology, literature, and other subjects.
- Ethnic NewsWatch -- multi-cultural and multi-ethnic database of scholarly journals, trade journals, magazines, newspapers, newsletters, as well as important grass-roots publications from ethnic and minority presses in the U.S. and Canada. Excellent resources for obtaining information about ethnic and minority dance that is not covered in such depth by the mainstream press.
- JSTOR -- a growing full text collection of core social science, humanities, and science journals archived from three to five years back to as far back the early 1800s. Archives include coverage of Dance Chronicle, Dance Research Journal, Congress on Research in Dance [CORD] News, and Dance Research: The Journal of the Society for Dance Research.
- MedLine -- database, produced by the National Library of Medicine (NLM) that contains citations from more than 3,900 English and foreign language journals in the basic and clinical sciences. Primary database for obtaining research articles on medical research about dance and dancers.
- ProQuest -- a multi-disciplinary database of more than 5,000 titles published from 1971 to the present that simultaneously searches dozens of subject areas, indexes thousands of general and academic titles, and provides full-text for a significant number of articles from scholarly journals, trade publications, newspapers, and magazines.
- OmniFile Full-Text -- offers electronic access to full-text articles, page images, article abstracts, and citations from over 3,700 publications from 1982 to the present. Contents are focused on English language journals from the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada and Australia, with some journals from other European countries.
- Dance Education Literature and Research -- an index of research literature published from 1926 to the present that informs teaching, learning, and future directions of research in the field of dance education. It contains extensive descriptions of more than 4,500 theses, dissertations, journal articles, conference proceedings, and research reports from over 200 different publications and organizations and 147 university dance programs.
- ERIC -- an initiative of the U.S. Department of Education's Office of Educational Research and Improvement, this database contains over 1.5 million records of journal articles, research reports, curriculum and teaching guides, conference papers, dissertations and theses, and books from published and unpublished sources on all aspects of education.
- International Index to the Performing Arts -- a comprehensive index to the journal literature on drama, theater, dance, film, television, and other forms of the performing arts and entertainment industry, including access to over 270 performing arts periodicals from 1998 onward.