Skip to main content
Resource Guides and Directories
- CQ Press Political Reference Suite -- full-text database of directories, encyclopedias, handbooks, compendia, yearbooks, etc. from dating back to 1945 to the most current edition covering all aspects of Amercian federal government.
- Government's Attic -- provides electronic copies of hundreds of interesting Federal Government documents obtained under the Freedom of Information Act, including historical documents, reports on items in the news, and various oddities.
- LSU Libraries Federal Agencies Directory -- a comprehensive and frequently updated web site directory of federal agencies in the Executive, Judicial, and Legislative branches as well as all independent councils, boards, committees, and commissions. Links can be browsed hierarchically or alphabetically.
- Policy Agendas Project -- website devoted to collecting and organizing data from various archived sources to trace changes in the national policy agenda and public policy outcomes since the Second World War.
- Regulations.gov -- provides one-stop, public access to information related to current and forthcoming regulations issued by the federal government. Users can streamline search results with date ranges, select specific U.S. government departments or agencies, and view results by docket or file folder.
- RealClearPolitics -- an independent political web site that culls together and publishes the commentary, news, polling data, and links to important resources from all points of the political compass and covering all the important issues of the day.
- USAFacts -- a non-profit open access site that gathers and makes searchable official statistical data from more than seventy federal government agencies, all fifty state governments, 39,000 county, municipal, and town governments, and 51,000 special district agencies [e.g., water, fire, school].