Listed below are open access databases and directories that provide links to treaties and other international agreements:
- Arms Control Agreement -- a directory of arms agreements compiled by the Federation of American Scientists.
- Bureau of Arms Control, Verification and Compliance (AVC) -- this bureau, under the auspices of the U.S. State Department, is concerned with arms control, verification and compliance with international arms control, nonproliferation, and disarmament agreements or commitments.
- Bureau of International Security and Nonproliferation (ISN) -- a bureau under the auspices of the U.S. State Department that consists of several offices within the U.S. government. Site contains the text of treaties that are in force for the U.S., including some bilateral treaties.
- Council of Europe -- text of all Council of Europe treaties, their explanatory reports, the status of signatures and ratifications, the declarations and reservations made by States, as well as the notifications issued by the Treaty Office since 2005, are available on this website.
- EcoLex: the Gateway to Environmental Law -- combines the environmental law information holdings of FAO, IUCN, and UNEP including the ability to search the full-texts of treaties as well as legislation, cases, books, journals, grey literature, and related materials.
- European Commission Treaties Office -- a database containing all the bilateral and multilateral treaties or agreements concluded by the European Union, the European Atomic Energy Community (EAEC), and the former European Coal and Steel Community (ECSC), and those concluded under the Treaty on European Union. The Database does not include the “founding treaties” of the European Union or other agreements concluded between the Member States of the European Union.
- Flare Index to Treaties -- a searchable database of basic information on over 2,000 of the most significant multilateral treaties and some bilateral treaties concluded between 1353 and the present, with details of where the full text of each treaty may be obtained in paper and, if available, electronic form on the internet.
- Global Legal Information Network --a database of official texts of laws, regulations, judicial decisions, and other complementary legal sources contributed by governmental agencies and international organizations.
- GlobaLex -- comprehensive and specific research guides with links to sources in the areas of International, Comparative and Foreign Law.
- International Atomic Energy Association (IAEA) -- found here are treaties, conventions and agreements deposited under the auspices of the IAEA. Also, available on this web site are treaties are related to the work of the IAEA, such as the Convention on the Prevention of Marine Pollution by Dumping of Wastes and Other Matter (also known as the London Dumping Convention).
- League of Nations Treaty Series -- a searchable collection of treaties and subsequent treaty actions registered with and published by the Secretariat of the League of Nations pursuant to Article 18 of its Covenant. It contains the texts of treaties and records of subsequent treaty actions published in 205 volumes of the League of Nations Treaty Series.
- NATO Standardization Agreements -- concepts, doctrines, procedures and designs to achieve and maintain the most effective levels of "compatibility, interchangeability and commonality" in the operational, procedural, materiel, technical and administrative fields. The primary products of this process and NATO's tools for the enhancement of interoperability are Standardization Agreements (STANAGs) between member nations.
- Nuclear Threat Initiative Treaties Directory -- contains information relating to disarmament, arms control, and nonproliferation of weapons of mass destruction. Information on each treaty includes relevant full text documents, country memberships, an analytical overview, and a chronology tracking ongoing work and related developments.
- Organization of American States -- the depositary for all bilateral agreements between the organs of the OAS and Member States, Observer States, agencies and other entities of these states, or other Inter-American agencies. On this website you can search for multilateral and bilateral treaties, resolutions of the General Assembly regarding treaties, and "recent actions" regarding treaty status.
- Tufts University Fletcher School Multilaterals Project -- aim is to make available the texts of international multilateral conventions and other instruments. The collection includes treaties in the fields of human rights, commerce and trade, laws of war and arms control, environmental law, and other areas.
- United States Bilateral Investment Treaties -- State Department website that provides a list of bilateral investment treaties concluded with other countries. Includes links to the full text of the treaty.
- United States Income Tax Treaties -- website of the Internal Revenue Service that provides a list of income tax treaties concluded with other countries. Includes links to the full text of the treaty.
- World Intellectual Property Association Administrated Treaties -- provides detailed information on all treaties administered by WIPO, including the WIPO Convention
Treaty Research Guides