Over 3,900 journals in the medical sciences; much is pertinent to general life sciences.
It contains citations from more than 3,900 English and foreign language journals in the basic and clinical sciences and encompasses the printed Index Medicus, the Index to Dental Literature, and the International Nursing Index. Includes full-text articles from approximately 1400 journals.
* Multi-disciplinary, covers dozens of subject areas, including life sciences.
* Indexes thousands of general and scholarly journals; much is full-text.
* An excellent starting place, particularly if one isn't sure where to begin one's research.
It covers dozens of subject areas and indexes thousands of general and scholarly titles and provides full-text for a significant number of the articles included. It is an excellent starting place for research for a paper, particularly if one isn't sure where to begin their research.
* Part of the Web of Knowledge gateway.
* Especially strong in citation tracking.
Includes: Science Citation Index Expanded (SCI-Expanded); Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI); Arts & Humanities Citation Index (A&HCI); Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Science (CPCI-S); Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Social Sciences & Humanities (CPCI-SSH); Index Chemicus (IC); and Current Chemical Reactions (CCR-Expanded). Powerful tools include cited reference searching, Citation Maps, and the Analyze Tool.